New Content Added – June, 2020
“Members only” content
- Interview with Chelsea Hedges – 2005 Women’s WCT World Professional Champion. Chelsea talks about her early development as a surfer, winning a world professional title, her take on women’s surfing, and now as a surf coach, what she is trying to achieve in that role. Duration: 29:56
- Interview with surf trainer Michelle Drielsma – creator of surf fitness website www.surfstrengthconditioning.com. Michelle explains what surfers need to do to develop good fitness levels – advocating mobility training and daily practise as core aims of any fitness training for surfers. Duration: 20:35
Better Surfing Webinar No. 14 Topics covered include:
- “Changing gears” when surfing
- Speed creation errors
- The purpose of “throwing” when performing forehand snaps
- Leading arm use during backhand snaps?
- Popping-up at the wave’s bottom
- Why martindunn.com.au recommends block training
- Compression when performing “lipline” finishes?
- Faster pop-up training program for older surfers: Exercise physiologist Michelle Drielsma guides surfers through a fitness program to develop faster pop-ups for older surfers. All surfers with a slow pop-up would benefit from this comprehensive program. Duration: 24:00
New Training programs completed
In the “Advanced Skills Of Surfing” section, three new skill sections were completed in June with videos and recommended training.
- Advancing An Existing Performance
- “Lift” Re-entries
- Layback Snaps
Finbusts and aerial manoeuvres sections are under construction and will be completed and uploaded to the site by the end of July.
“Free” content to everyone
New Blogs in June:
- “Video Review of surfing in a wave pool” Martin reviewed the surfing of a female surfer from the wave pool in Bristol, England.
- “Chest Over Front Knee” – the perfect balance body position when finishing. Where did this concept come from? Surf coaching history.