Martin Dunn’s unique “Developing High Performance Surfers” webinar series is designed for:
- motivated surfers who want to take their surfing to the next level.
- the parents of developing surfers, so that they get a better understanding of the necessary high performance skills a child needs to reach their surfing potential.
- Surf coaches will also discover the building blocks of elite performances and what training they can put in place to fast-track the development of the the surfers they train.
Each webinar of 90 minutes in duration, encompasses the theory of high performance surfing, using video examples, case studies of surfer development, and outlines the training drills that can be used to develop the skills of high performance surfing.
Webinars in the Series
“Developing Scoring Ability” outlines what surfers can do to better their scoring ability.
- Understanding scoring
- Essential components of scoring
- The twelve components – Preparing to surf, positioning, wave selection, performing a strong opening move, High & tight surfing, maintaining speed and flow, etc.
- Training drills to improve scoring
Surfers will walk away from this webinar understanding how to score better in competition and what training they can do to improve their own or other’s scoring moving forward.
This webinar will be conducted in the 2nd week of October, 2022.
“Perfecting The Advanced Manoeuvres Of Surfing” outlines what the advanced manoeuvres of surfing are, their technique, and what a surfer has to do to learn and how to incorporate them into their surfing performances. Topics include:
- Building Blocks Of Advanced Manoeuvres.
- Turning Minor Moves into Major turns.
- Looking “Up” rather than “Out” when setting up off the bottom.
- How to perform – “lift” re-entries, finbusts, laybacks, and aerial manoeuvres.
- Learning advanced manoeuvres – case studies.
Participants will walk away from this webinar with a thorough understanding of what it takes to learn and incorporate the advanced manoeuvres of surfing into performance.
This webinar will be conducted in the 3rd week of October, 2022.
“Developing Strategic Thinking” Strategic thinking involves envisioning what might happen in the future, with the available information at-hand, and then applying that to future performances.
- What is strategic thinking?
- How surfers learn to think strategically?
- Strategy Development
- Creating strategies
- Strategy execution
- Post-heat reviews
- Strategy examples and when to use
Participants will walk away from this webinar with a thorough understanding of what strategic thinking is and how to devise, execute, and review their strategy execution post heat.
This webinar will be conducted in the 4th week of October, 2022.
Note: Once a person registers, Martin will provide information on the schedule [time and date] for each webinar in October.