Developing Talented Surfers
“An Australian Perspective”
Learn how surfers with talent are developed from the early signs of their talent as a grommet to competing on the world tour. At its core, this e-book outlines the key areas that talented surfers have to progress through to realize their elite potential
Key Learning Outcomes
- Recognize the key signs of talent and intrinsic motivation to succeed that young surfers display
- Learn what support others have put in place to fast-track the development of their talented surfers
- Become aware of the best approach to competition surfing development
- Learn that sponsorship and support is a two way street, benefitting both the surfer and company that supports them.
- Assess whether the talented surfer is ready to take-on the world
- Understand the key roles parents play as their talented child develops
Who would benefit from this e-book?
This e-book is specific to individuals who wish to gain a greater understanding of the areas talented surfers need to negotiate and the pathway they can take, when developing their competitive careers.
- Parents of talented surfers
- Surf coaches
- Surfboard shapers
- Officials of surfing organisation
- Talented surfers themselves
Note: This product is a downloadable PDF document